"You have to create little pockets of joy in your life to take care of yourself."
-Jonathan Van Ness
There's nothing more important than the five minutes that you take for yourself. Whether you're a powerhouse business woman, a bad-ass mum or a hard-working student - if you can take that time to look after number one, then you can achieve anything. I find the power of a good pampering session amazing - whether it's because I'm feeling low or celebrating the biggest success, it always fulfils its key purpose, RELAXATION!
When we started Cole & Co, we had one key vision, and that was to create the highest quality products that we could. That means that no element of our pampering routine is left without the best ingredients touching and soothing our skin. Here's a run through of our five key products for a good pampering!
1) Bath Foam - All the best pampering evenings start with a bath - and the Lavender, Rosemary and Spearmint bath foam is always our go-to. With the relaxing powers of Lavender essential oil swirled throughout the bath foam, the twenty minutes you spend sprawling in the bath will allow you to switch off, and be completely at peace to concentrate on you!
2) Candles - There's always a candle lit in our house, but there's one candle that I will always save for pampering time, and that's our Jasmine & Ylang Ylang Candle. There's one in all my key pampering locations. Jasmine oil is an amazing natural remedy for improving your mood, overcoming stress and balancing your hormones. The Jasmine & Ylang Ylang is mixed with soy wax, which is non-toxic, natural and soot-free. This amazing combination will help to create the perfect environment for your pampering.
3) Body Wash - Always overlooked as a daily essential, never underestimate how much ten minutes in the shower or the bath with a good body wash can empower you and pamper you ready for the day ahead. So, when you haven't got the evening to pamper yourself, find that time to have a shower with the most gorgeous, enriching body wash! My favourite at the moment is definitely the Lan Y Môr!
4) Travel Balm - I always pay extra attention to my hands and feet. They are always the parts of my body that gets the most wear and tear, and so I make sure to take extra care of them. I love the Coconut balm - it transports me on holiday whilst softening my cuticles and giving my hands and feet the extra moisture that they need. Plus it's packed with the best ingredients - coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter! Consider your digits well pampered - and ready to tackle anything!
5) Hand & Body Cream - I use our hand & body lotion daily, but the hand & body cream is saved for pampering! Containing 90.75% organic ingredients including a blend of olive, flax and sunflower oils, in addition to shea and cocoa butter, it's thick, rich & smooth, making sure my skin is left feeling completely moisturised and rejuvenated. The Lime, Basil & Mandarin hand & body cream is the one that I lean towards for Spring & Summer, it is a gorgeous fresh fragrance which lasts all day. And for Autumn and Winter, it has to be the Fig & Cassis- fruity and warm!
What are your go-to pampering essentials? After all this pamper talk - there's only one thing to do now.. bath time!
P.S Massive shout out to Amy from @theprettygreenlife (check her out) for the amazing photographs! You're the best!